Thursday 21 November 2013

Movie Trailer - Rush (2013)

Having seen the trailer for Rush at a previous movie screening, I immediately put Rush on my “Films to Watch” list. This may, of course, been mainly fuelled by the fact that Chris Hemsworth is absolutely gorgeous, however, on top of that, the story of James Hunt and Niki Lauda intrigued me. Never having actually been interested in racing cars in this manner, I was a complete and utter novice when it came to this infamous competition between the pair. 
Throughout the course of the film, which followed the rises and falls of the two rivals, I found that I was heartily engaged with the plot and emotionally connected to both characters. Although, Niki Lauda did appear to have some problems in terms of social interaction. 


I was shocked at how much I found that I was drawn into the world of Formula 1, when previously I have been utterly repelled by the annoying sounds of the cars whizzing around the tracks. My heart racing in time with each shift of gear and each time a car was overtaken, or in the mortifying case of Niki Lauda, taken out. 
As Chris Hemsworth’s character James Hunt states, humanity is attracted by racing drivers due to the danger element in what they do. Everyday they wake up and their daily employment is facing death right in the eyes. It is a petrifying prospect, but a riveting one all the same.
I would 100% recommend a trip to see Rush: it is packed with humour, excitement, glamour, rivalry, shock, in addition to a whole load of crashes, bangs and booms. Definitely a must-see!

No comments:

Post a Comment